Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Shoe problem
For those of you who don't know, I have a wedding related injury. Yes, while the wedding was a more perfect event than I could have hoped for or planned, I did get injured in the process. The Sunday before our wedding, I decided to open my new food processor and make some homemade hummus. (Derek and I both love to snack on it.) It just wouldn't come out of the box, so I went in to the living room and said (famous last words), "Derek, you hold the box. I'll pull out the food processor." The thing landed right on my left foot and the blunt trauma left an inch and a half cut across my big toe. As I was hopping around our living room, swearing and bleeding, my first thought was, "I think I'll still be able to wear my wedding shoes." (I'm vain.) After hours, the bleeding finally stopped. A few days later the big bruises began to appear and my cut started to heal. Steph even got a sweet picture of me in my wedding dress showing off my cut foot. However, it does NOT appear on her blog. (Thank you, Steph.) I was able to wear my wedding shoes, so that's good. However, most of my shoes still hurt a lot and my shoe rotation is quite small and is causing me problems.
The black shoes on the left I've worn ALL WINTER (boring), the blue shoes everyone but Derek loves (and he lets me know that every time I wear them...), the silver shoes are my wedding shoes (and they've gotten a lot of use) and the Birks I bought in 1990. (Derek didn't even know that I had Birks and I had to explain to him that I wore those shoes so much that I've had the cork replaced. Twice.) So I hate the shoes I'm able to wear and I now have a very irrational fear of dropping things on my feet. Which brings me to the next topic...
We got a new buffet for our dining room. I found it at a tag sale on Monday. Luckily, my Dad helped Derek move it from its original home to the van, but at our house, I had to help move it. I was really worried that I was going to drop it on my foot Luckily, it was a short move and my feet survived unscathed. I'm pretty excited to get my dishes in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ouch!!! I knew you had injured your foot, but not that badly. Glad you could wear your wedding shoes though. Oh, and I like both the blue shoes, and the buffet. happy last couple of days till summer....!!!! :)
What a beautiful buffet!
Post a Comment