I got out early this morning, put some air in the old bike tires and rode my bike from my south Lincoln home to the University. I start class on Monday and I needed to 1. time my ride, 2. figure out the route with the fewest cars on it to kill me and 3. see if my wimpy little legs had it in them to get me the five or so miles to the university AND THEN BACK HOME. I am proud to say that I made it. The ride was an easy one. By going 6 blocks out of my way, I was able to ride the bike trail most of the time. I really appreciated the lack of cars whizzing by and it's a pretty big bonus that Lincoln is almost totally flat. (Ironically enough, the 10 blocks or so around my home are pretty hilly, but nothing else was at all.) On the ride home, I stopped by my dad's office and popped in to say hi. I meandered a little around the downtown neighborhoods and looked at all the pretty homes. I rode into the wind on the way back, so I was pretty slow and completely wiped out, but it felt really good to get somewhere on my bike. I've never been much of a biker because, like I said, I'm deathly afraid of cars. I also don't like to get out and just wander. I enjoy having a place to go, so I'm pretty excited about this new mode of transportation.
BTW the roses that I wasn't going to blog about anymore are just beautiful. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment