In case you all out there are wondering about the Día de San Fermín, it is Pamplona's festival that includes the running of the bulls. I meant to wear my white clothes and red scarf--that's the traditional clothing for San Fermín Day. When I was at Middlebury, that's what EVERYONE wore on July 7th. That was a big celebration day. Sure, on July 4th, they'd grill hot dogs for dinner and pretend that it was special (we didn't get out of class, so it wasn't too special), but really all the Spaniards there were just waiting for San Fermín. There was singing, olé-ing and all kinds of hoopla. My wardrobe these days consists of what won't look too gross and sweaty after I ride my bike to school, so white generally isn't a color I choose.
I went to school today and my body was there (and looking quite alert, I might add), but my brain was packing for my honeymoon. Yes--we're leaving Saturday for Puerto Rico and I cannot wait. I'm generally a careful packer, but now with the bag charges and everyone and their dog trying to get everything into carry on, good packing is even more important. I'm packing as small as I can and I'm trying to figure out what I have that can multi-task. I'm also trying to get together the little things we need, like bug spray and sunscreen. I got some cool new sunscreen from Neutrogena--some ultra sheer, dry touch, broad spectrum 70 SPF stuff. It looked great. But it gets white gunk on EVERYTHING. So far, I've gotten this sunscreen on: my car, Derek's car, my desk chair, my backpack and all over my clothes. When I got home at lunch, Derek kindly pointed out that I had white junk all over my neck. (For the record, that means that while I was sitting in class today, I was not only sweaty with smushed hair, but I also had weird white junk on me.) Do what you want to with this information, but I'm going back to a semi-greasy old standby.
I have a paper due tomorrow, so I'm going to finish that now. My professor said that we can hand in our draft again if we were happy with the grade. For a few seconds, I thought seriously of taking the grade I had already earned. I'm going to make a few changes, but it made me realize that I'm not nearly the grade perfectionist I once was.
3 comments:
You think you'll need bug spray and sunscreen on your honeymoon...? Really...? You plan on being outside that much...?
Just kidding. Have a GREAT time!
Bon voyage! Have a fabulous time!!
Dennis was at the Feliz Dia da San Fermin. He had some amazing stories. Just like you'll have from your wonderful honeymoon. Can't wait to hear every detail - er, maybe not EVERY detail... Viva!
Post a Comment