Sunday, August 24, 2008

All kinds of new!

I come to you today from the floor of my home office, where I am sitting, typing on my new MacBook Pro. I think I've got the 15 inch screen (which is the medium sized screen), but it seems gigantic. This is my school computer and, since I've got a computer at home, I'll probably leave it in my desk. It isn't too hard to carry around, but I'm worried I'll drop it or lose it. Of course, carting it around required some changes in my life. I found a nice, professional bag that came with a padded sleeve for the computer, so I've changed my school bag for the first time since 1990 (!!!!). I think I deserve a prize for carrying one bag for 18 years. (Yes, I guess you could say that the computer is the prize.)

I'm sure I'll be able to get so much work done on this new computer, but it has so many fun toys to play with that I've been having a tough time getting my work done. For example, there is Photo Booth:
I've discovered that the pop art option is my favorite because, well, weird camera angle and fluorescent light and end-of-day tired face don't combine into the most beautiful picture.

No comments: