Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Day of Summer

1. Do bird feeders feed birds or squirrels? I've noticed a lot more squirrels in our yard since we put up the bird feeders.

2. Tom and I walked today for an hour. We went about 2.4 miles after I got my pedometer to work. Tom's pretty tired; I, however, am fine and probably could have used another hour of walking. I always think I am going to be better about going to the gym in the summer because I have more time. Once I get to summer, though, I can't bear the thought of exercising inside. So I've been MIA at the gym this summer and I didn't really exercise outside as much as I should have.

I'm back at school tomorrow. I'm always a little sad at the end of summer and, invariably, I think of all the things I didn't get done (basement cleaned, videotapes to DVD, computer keyboard cleaned and so on.....). But I'm also glad to get back to work. Sure, if they paid me to stay home, I would, but I've got to show up at school to keep the paychecks coming. So, goodbye to Summer 2008. Bring on the fall!

2 comments:

The Nielsens said...

Last day of summer - AND a happy birthday to you!

Marlene said...

Malia, I am sadly behind the 'power curve' in sending this message to you. I think that 'power curve' is 1960's jargon....anyway, August 11, 1972 will always be one of my very special days....stressful, sad, but oh so happy to welcome a beautiful baby girl...YOU! Happy 2008 Birthday. Love You, Mom