Saturday, April 4, 2009

The girls

I don't have any sisters with whom I share DNA, but I have been blessed with girl friends whom I love dearly. I have spent my teenage years and adult life surrounded by these women. They have celebrated my successes, shared my disappointments, helped me laugh at myself and bolstered my self esteem when I am down. I am so thrilled that they have all cleared this weekend to come to Lincoln for my baby shower. (If only Tracy in Oregon were here, my group would be complete....) I can't imagine starting my newest adventure without their support and advice, because, frankly, I can't remember the last time I did anything without the support and advice of one of the members of this group. I hope that as life goes by, my child finds even one friend like the ones I have. Having a whole group is like winning the lottery.

No comments: