Sunday, September 6, 2009

End of summer

The start of school marks the end of summer for me, but Labor Day is what makes it sink in. I've realized how fleeting everything is--from my baby (who isn't quite as tiny as she once was) to those juicy, deep red tomatoes (which will be gone in a few weeks). We are all adjusting to day care in some degree or another. Derek isn't thrilled to drop Elsa off, I practically run out of work at the end of the day and our girl seems to have good days and bad ones. The first day, she was screaming bloody murder when I walked in. She had, of course, recovered about two-thirds of the way home and was her usual cheerful, smiling self that night at home. By Friday, our notes home read, "Elsa had a great day and she talked up a storm this morning." Yep, she's a talker.

The other great end of summer thing is the Farmer's Market. The Sunday one is right by my gym, so after the gym this morning, I went over there to get all the fixings for a great lunch. Derek and I had paninis made from: bread from a local French bakery, organic quark [cheese] made by a college classmate of mine (and she's winning awards for her cheese), beef summer sausage (local grass fed beef) and local tomatoes. They were thoroughly delicious. We had peaches for dessert--not my favorite fruit, but good and local, as well.

Some recent pictures.....What did we do before we had a baby to take pictures of?


Elsa asleep with her mermaid doll



At the family reunion on Saturday. Elsa in her new stroller and a 4 generation picture.


Staying warm in the backyard and napping while I got ready for school one morning.

2 comments:

The Nielsens said...

It's amazing how fast they grow!

Cute picture of Derek's girls!

Megan said...

John and I are looking at your latest pictures of this cute baby girl, and John declares that we must come visit you!