
One of my first garage sale finds was an alphabet floor puzzle. Since Elsa was tiny when I got it, I've been storing it until she was ready to play with it. Derek got the puzzle out a few days ago and it's become a popular toy at our house (the "o" piece with the octopus on it is a particular favorite). I was noticing that it was in pretty good shape for a used toy. I was feeling pretty good about my find. And then I noticed that Elsa was SITTING in the top of the box. Then she crushed two or three of the sides of the box as she moved over to sit in the bottom of the box (which I'm pretty sure is crushed now, too). Then I remembered that the toy was USED when I got it. She's playing hard with a lot of her toys and her clothes are covered with the inevitable stains brought on by a toddler who MUST feed herself (with full size utensils, thank you very much). So, bless the people who are able to keep toys and clothes in almost pristine condition. I am not one of them, but I'll be glad to buy their stuff at garage sales.
No comments:
Post a Comment