Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day of summer

I always have high hopes on the first day of summer...the time seems endless and I feel like I can accomplish anything.  Here are some of the things I hope to accomplish...
1. Read lots.  I'd like to read The Help and Water for Elephants (yes, I'm behind). I'd also like to read A Short History of Nearly Everything (by Bill Bryson). I'm going to try to read something on my mom's Kindle.
2. Watch at least some of the TV that I have on the DVR.
3. Get better at using my crockpot. I'd like to be able to use it to make dinner at least once a week.
4. Remember to water the plants that I have in containers. Get a few more plants in the ground.
5. Sit on the porch and drink coffee in the morning.
6. Go to the gym just enough so that I don't feel guilty about my gym membership.
7. Organize my jewelry and clothes well enough that I can see and use things that I already own.
8. Find good closed toe shoes. (I ordered a pair online tonight. I've been thinking and stewing for days. Trust me--if these are THE SHOES, you'll hear about it here. Until then--nada.)
9. See at least one movie that came out in 2011.
10. Print my blog in book form.

Do you know me well enough to know that I believe that every list should be at least partially made up of things that are completely easy to accomplish?  It gives people a sense of accomplishment without requiring much work. (I've been this way about lists for most of my life--not just since I've been teaching teenagers at a low-achieving high school.)  I'm sure you can figure out my easy things.  But, who knows? I may just accomplish one of the hard things on my list this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about more of your crock pot meals...I'm making that Pepperchini Beef in a crock pot RIGHT.NOW. And it smells SOOOOoooo Good!!! Have a great summer!!!