Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pink Frilly Dress

We went to Once Upon a Child to get a pink dress for Elsa to wear to school ("I want to match my friend, Ella, Mom.")  We did not find a dress like Ella's.  We DID find a pink, frilly, a little bit too big ballerina-type dress.  My practical side wanted to tell her that we couldn't get that dress and that it wasn't useful to have.  My softie side won out and I can admit here that it gave me a bunch of joy to buy my daughter a fun pink dress.  I loved watching her twirl in it.  I even thought about buying a tiara and wand to go with it (until I remembered that Elsa likes to use painted sticks as wands).  It was nice to run by my parents' house and show it to them.  I REALLY liked watching her water the lawn with her dad while wearing this dress.

The pink frilly dress really doesn't surprise me.  Elsa had already given me a manicure by 7AM this morning (one hand pink, one hand purple) and she refers to her tin Hello Kitty purse as her "noisy purse" and her fabric Hello Kitty purse as her "soft purse."  Would it be right to call her girly?

No comments: