As I was getting ready for church this morning, it became clear to me that my girls are getting big. Not only are they getting taller....eating more....wearing bigger shoes...they are simply acting like bigger girls.
Elsa and I have a weekend tradition of arguing about the TV show we watch in the morning. (Is it news? Is it cartoons?) She usually wins because if we watch the news, she'll ask about the news and I don't usually want to explain to her all of the things happening in the world. Yesterday we compromised: I watched the news and she played on the tablet. (Bad use of technology, I know.) Today we were back to trying to agree on a TV show. As I was scrolling through the channel listings, she said, "Mom, does Jessie start with a "J"?" She saw the program title in the list. Then, before I gave in and changed the channel the Sponge Bob, she said, "Oh, good, Sponge Bob." She saw that title, too. I'm thrilled that she can connect letters and words. I'm thrilled that she is starting to read. I'm positively sad that I don't have many more days of being able to lie to her about what is on TV.
Anna, too, is acting more like a big girl. She knows where we keep everything in the kitchen, she loves to wipe the table and she loves to put things in the trash. She also loves the baby toys. The toys she stopped playing with almost a year ago. The toys I put in our back room last summer and fall so that our house doesn't look quite so cluttered. She knows they're in the back room, so that's where she wants to go and play now. Yes, our Anna likes to play in the storeroom. She lights up when she sees those toys and then she starts talking about babies. She wants to take the baby toys all over the house with her. And so, every toy that I put away in the fall is now out and about in the house. Maybe I can get Anna excited about picking up the baby toys....
No comments:
Post a Comment