Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring Break

Full disclosure:  Every post that is dated between New Year's Eve and right now has been written in the last hour.  I was keeping some rough notes on what I wanted to write, but nothing actually got written.  I'm only writing them now because this my one family record and I like to keep track of what we're doing.  The news...in no particular order....

Spring Break was fun, but Elsa is an expensive date.  We spent a lot of time on movies (Sponge Bob at the theater, three Spy Kids movies on Netflix, Big Hero 6 as our first Red Box) and had a few smoothies and other treats out.

Seeing Sponge Bob was NOT the most exciting Spring Break activity of my life.

The girls love dance class.   Elsa got signed up for the first session and Anna went along and colored (while wearing her leotard). The second session starts Monday and it's Anna's chance to dance and, according to Anna, "Elsa will get to sit and color."

When the girls were little, I felt like I could make an entire book of laundry basket pictures.  Now I could make an entire book of crazy outfit pictures.  (I've been trying to get some shots of particularly memorable outfits, but Anna has gotten a little anticamera and won't let me take pictures.)

Anna stuck out her tongue during both sets of family pictures in the fall.  It was a challenge to get good pictures of her.

My New Year's Eve food turned out amazingly well.  I've finally mastered homemade hummus (with the help of my immersion blender that was my Christmas present from Aunt Stacy).  Toasted garbanzo beans are my new favorite snack.  I think I've gone through five pounds of garbanzos since New Years.

One of the unexpected highlights of 2015 (so far) was getting some hand me down shoes from my friend Megan.  They are great shoes--cute, comfortable and get lots of comments.

Lunch with my parents is a Spring Break tradition and we were glad to include Elsa and Shane this year.

The girls really like church.  We pray "Come Lord Jesus" before our meals.  We have have to do it twice--once with our handed folded (like Derek's family) and once holding hands (like my family).

I "shopped the basement" (went through Elsa's old clothes for Anna) and found all of the dresses that Elsa wore when she was three.  Anna hit her "all dress" phase a little bit earlier and the winter has been stressful for me.  Anna wants all dresses and tights all the time and I just can't keep up.  It was pretty exciting to find five or six great summer dresses in my basement.  We will make it through the spring.  Now if I can just find shoes.....



Anna wearing yet another favorite dress and my shoes from MEgan.


I love that cute smile.

Anna's big girl bed.
Elsa's new (to her) big girl bed.

We baked cookies on one of our snow days.



My new glasses. Some daysI love them, some days I think they look like old man glasses.






Carter's birthday party.  True to form, Anna wouldn't look at the camera.



Dance class



The tallest ballerina


We play on the swing set even when there's a snow day.





They shoveled for about 10 seconds.  I shoveled QUITE a bit longer.  It's a long driveway.

Snow angel!


Pancake supper at church.

Elsa loves that hat....I've been finding a lot of glitter in her hair.





Three of the four girls together at the park.  (Anna kept running off to do her own thing.)

All geared up to roller skate in the driveway.

No comments: