Elsa is a little bit sick today, so we are staying home. I think she's a little worn out form second grade and I'm a little worn out from Spanish 1. I'm trying not to be too gleeful about not being there--we can't let this be a habit--but Friday was a hard day. I feel like I am dragging them along more than ever. I don't mind trying to get kids excited at the beginning and I don't mind it if they don't all love it, but things are getting extreme. So many of them won't do anything that doesn't have a big enough grade (but then when we do things with big grades they don't do well because they aren't practicing). I've been trying some new ideas that people on the internet love--and I know better than to listen to people on the internet. The ideas are good and make sense, but are pretty grueling with classes that need a lot of management and don't focus so well.
Elsa has struggled some with math in the last few weeks. It was always so easy for her and she's hit a little bot of a wall. Her teacher has been so kind and has offered a lot of help, but Elsa is frustrated. I hope this little break helps us both.
No comments:
Post a Comment