I was out running around today like a crazy woman (really, 25 hours in the day would be fine, thank you). I stopped in at a fast food place to get something for dinner and, after taking my order, the girl at the cash register asked for my name. I go out to eat with other people just so I don't have to give my name. I hate it. There's the spelling of the name, then there's the pronouncing, then there's the mispronouncing by the person taking my name. It's all a little bit ugly and reminds me of being in elementary school, when unusual names are no fun. So, what did I say tonight?
It's Malia, just like the First Daughter.
1 comment:
Too funny.
I remember you mentioning how happy you would be if Obama was elected - for that reason alone: people would know how to pronouce your name!
Post a Comment