Friday, June 5, 2009

What Not to Wear

If Clinton and Stacy saw my closet, they would be horrified.

I just finished clearing out the maternity/winter clothes, and I've realized what a sad place my closet is. My immediate fashion problem is that I can't wear any of my "real" clothes. Some of the stretchier, bigger clothes that I own are OK, but the other 90% isn't going to fit this summer, if it ever fits me again. My longer range fashion problem is that most of my "real" clothes are pretty bad, very old and probably should be tossed to the curb anyway. What can I say? I'm a bad shopper, I hate figuring out outfits, and I have a hard time spending money on clothes.

For those of you who are not fans of What Not to Wear, it is my favorite TV show to DVR (so I can skip the boring parts). Clinton and Stacy clear out someone's closet every week and teach that person to shop. If I were on the show, they'd criticize most of my wardrobe for age, lack of color, poor fit....I could go on. I don't really want Clinton and Stacy to work with me on my shopping--they'd make me get rid of all my clothes and shoes (and I'd really miss some of the shoes)--but I think of them often when I look at my sad closet full of very old, very boring clothes.

1 comment:

The Nielsens said...

Oh, your clothes will fit you again. It's hard to remind yourself, but it took 9 months to gain it, give yourself that to take it off. But if you really just want an excuse to go shopping, then go for it. My closet is in the same sad state of affairs. And I would gladly go shopping with you, had I any money! =>